Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm blogging about blogging in terms of teaching teachers how to teach.

I just ran across this article about teacher educators who train preservice teachers (particularly in English) to use technology in the classroom. This is, coincidentally, what I do.

I'm glad that we're having this metadiscussion. I'm glad that we're in an era where it's OK to say "why am I using this technology?" and to encourage preservice teachers to do so as well, rather than simply assigning more standards and holding technology workshops and throwing ourselves (pedagogically speaking) onto the tracks in front of the oncoming technology train.

I think I'll even bring this up to my 286 students. You think they'd read the article of their own accord? I could make it extra credit. Maybe I'll just summarize it and present it in class. Ah... intrinsic motivation.

1 comment:

Charles Graham said...

I would definitely give it to your students and encourage them to read it. While some students only do the minimum many others want to learn and will do more if it comes with good recommendation.

Incidentally, the CITE journal is one that you might consider publishing experiences from your IPT286 in.